“I would highly appreciate very much if you would at least acknowledge any materials used or at least ask for a permission first. Unless specified, all other materials are from the private collection of the blog owner. Thank you very much!”

Thursday, November 24, 2011

POST-WAR TAGALOG MOVIES # 58: ELY RAMOS, NORMA BLANCAFLOR, TONY ARNALDO IN "SUMPAAN" (1948)


"Sumpaan"
LVN Pictures

Release Date: May 24- June 2, 1948/Dalisay
Direction Susana C. de Guzman
Cast Ely Ramos, Norma Blancaflor, Tony Arnaldo, Rosa Rosal, Alfonso Carvajal

1 comment:

Sam said...

Prior to seeing this film, I can't say that I am a fan of Norma Blancaflor and/or of Ely Ramos. But this movie changed my perspective and caused the beginning of my admiration for them. I was finally able to discover the charm that both actors behold, as a tandem and as individual performers. I mean, Norma Blancaflor embodied the genuine Filipina beauty while Ely Ramos was a gorgeous man, indeed. Eye candies, like some would call their kind.

They were really great. The chemistry between the two of them was really obvious, as well. Watching the scenes involving their "inisan" and "selosan" was totally fun and entertaining, not to mention "nakakakilig," too. I can even hear myself's reactions, being carried away with the scenes, and all. Norma and Ely's tandem made me hold on even more to the belief that love teams way back then were very great performers. No wonder they became well-known during their time. How I wish that our tandems now could do a similar, if not exactly the same impression like those of what our previous popular love teams have done.

Sumpaan is another simple yet meaningful story about love and family. It's one of those kind of films that one may never get tired of seeing, no matter how simple the story have gotten. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin